photo block

Friday, July 15, 2011

I t’ought I taw a platyputh

I’m used to seeing snakes out on the trails. They almost always turn into sticks by the time I get up to them. But today I saw a platypus! And I was like OMFG, a platypus! I’ve never seen one of those down here in the arroyo before. Don’t they live like up in Alaska or something or like in a swamp or where do they live? It tried to be hiding behind a bush but oh no I saw you there. By the time I’d reached its location it had stealthily shape-shifted into a big stick with a flat end but I was wise to its shenanigans. This is what happens to your brain when you’ve been running to many miles down in the arroyo. You’ve pretty much memorized every single turn and bush and rock until you start creating new realities.

2 comments:

JustinM said...

I believe the platypus is only native to Australia, but then again I don't know much when it comes to these matters.

mindful mule said...

I must have entered the Dreamtime, then. Cool!