photo block

Saturday, October 20, 2012

swimming to brown mountain


It never really rained this morning, it just sort of clouded-down all around on the run up Brown Mountain. And although the temperature was mild, almost warm, even, and I was a little concerned about my Camelback heating me up too much, by the time I reached the top I was absolutely soaked, clouds dripping off my visor - I felt like I had just climbed out of the pool (no running!) and, of course, I was freezing. And then came the descent. Well, you know how that goes. So we'll call this the first day of winter. Which is always fun at first - to come home and finally take a really hot shower again, having missed out on that all summer, and still have bones cold enough to cozy up in longpants! and a sweater and cook a big pizza just to heat up the house and get started on chipping away at that caloric debt. 

2 comments:

Kristina said...

I went for a longer run this morning - no rain, but the trails were plenty damp! I keep saying this, but it finally feels like fall has arrived!

mindful mule said...

Yes, fall: great if you keep moving but cold when you stop for beer.