photo block

Monday, October 1, 2012

things found in the road…


Yesterday's find was a bit more interesting than the usual work gloves and bungee cords: a wallet with 552 dollars in cash! There was no ID beyond a few credit cards but I managed to track down the owner by leaving a note on the windshield of the nearest parked vehicle - somehow that worked. I got a call within half an hour or so. I guess one tends to notice when they lose something of that nature. So no shiny new wheels for Mindful Mule, but it get's you thinking… 

6 comments:

JustinM said...

Damn I thought I was being honest when I returned the 9 dollars the clerk at the grocery store mistakenly refunded me an hour ago. This takes honestly to a whole new level.

mindful mule said...

Tucked in behind the cash was a picture of The Virgin Mary - what was I going to do?

John Romeo Alpha said...

Well done sir. It's my policy to try to return cash as well. There's always a chance that the owner requires it desperately.

mindful mule said...

Thanks, John. I was just glad I didn't have to call the credit card companies to try to track down the owner. I'm not sure if that would even work. The cash could never have stayed with me - those crisp bills were already burning a hole in my conscience...

Kristina said...

That should give you good karma for a while!
I found a wallet at the Rose Bowl Aquatics center this summer and turned it into the desk there. I never found out if they tracked down the person but I hope so!

mindful mule said...

It was satisfying to personally hand over the goods without any middlemen. Good Karma sounds good!