photo block

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Did I already run today?


So often these days, by the time it gets to evening I'm ready to go for a run, my legs feeling the pull. But then I take pause for a moment, trying to recall if perhaps I've already gone running today, this morning. It doesn't even seem to matter what distance I've gone earlier in the day - long or short - I just don't recall. Not that I'm opposed to running twice in a day - I actually think it's a pretty great way to ramp up. But sometimes I feel like I need the rest - like now, with another race in 10 days. I just find it rather amusing that I have to literally ask myself and nearly every time I do the answer is yes. But it's sometimes a little depressing (especially on a day like today - dark and drizzle), too, because, well, then what… if no run? 

5 comments:

JustinM said...

I tried to walk today - running was impossible - but I only made it half a mile and I slipped in the snow/slush five times (even with my super-grippy Five Tens) so I just said screw it and went to Trader Joe's, bought frozen pizza and went back home.

mindful mule said...

Or: Did I already go to Trader Joe's today? ... eat a pizza today?

Justin said...

Just got back from doing 6 miles. What's for lunch? Leftover Trader Joe's pizza!

Kristina said...

My question right now is "Why didn't I run today?!"
After poking my head outside - damn it's gorgeous - I'm now lacing up the shoes...

mindful mule said...

Justin, Kristina: Glad you guys got out there this weekend.