photo block

Saturday, August 17, 2013

six little goatheads


…one little, two little, three little goatheads, four little, five little, six little goatheads…

Watch out! It's that season again! Those damn pesky little spiky seed pods are ready and waiting to pop your tires. Today was a run day so I had no such troubles but I did notice when I got home that I had six goatheads embedded in my shoes' soles. (I guess this could be a good argument against barefoot running.) 

So don't over psi your tires and bring an extra patch/tube… and ride like the wind!

3 comments:

mindful mule said...

Mindful Mule had a front flat today! She must have snagged a goathead just before I was typing this post! The elusive front flat! She's on a perfect flat per year schedule. Three patches, now, on the front tube...

amidnightrider said...

I have never seen a goathead but they sound hideous.

mindful mule said...

Thanks, Midnight. That's exactly what they are.