photo block

Saturday, February 22, 2014

can't wait to ride, dude

Yesterday I heard myself mumble these words, "I can't wait to ride, Dude." Interestingly enough, I was in the act, so to speak, of riding a bike (Mindful Mule) at the time these words came out from somewhere within. But there are rides and there are rides. And somehow riding The Mule loaded with supplies to Tujunga doesn't have the same feel as, say, riding Purple People Eater, unencumbered, to Tujunga. But I think what I was trying to tell myself was that, even in that moment, it felt great to be riding, and I was ready, peaked, you might say, and just in time for Solvang (that wino ride). I haven't been on a program or schedule or anything - I think you all must know that by now - The Mule does what feels right. But I just feel ready for anything right now - in running, too - but especially cycling - Will Cycle for the Opportunity to Cycle. I saw a gal running on this same ride mentioned above. She was wearing a t-shirt that said: Run2BeGreat - and I loved it - I love that - that's it - that's all I need - running makes you great - riding makes you great… and if there's a bit of the dude in my vernacular then take it for what you will, man. 

4 comments:

Kristina said...

Maybe it's your way of saying that the Dude abides?

mindful mule said...

The Dude a-rides...

amidnightrider said...

I feel like having a White Russian.

mindful mule said...

Midnight: me too, dude.