photo block

Friday, December 5, 2014

long december

Long december - it's one of my favorite songs - and one of my favorite months if there can be such a thing - because after this it only gets lighter - so I've revamped the blog to dark background - "and there's reason to believe, maybe this year will be better than the last…"

I've been thinking about the speed of walking - and how it shows you the over-zipittyness of this place - tried to walk across a street lately?

And I've been thinking about long, undocumented rides through the mountains - carrying a picnic…

And runs through the endless silent hills…




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

18 years ago this December - half my life ago, now that I think about it - I saw one of the best concerts of my life at the Wiltern. Dog's Eye View and Counting Crows. Hearing them sing that song in December was special.

mindful mule said...

Hil&I saw CC at The Greek a few months ago - I'd never seen them live before - they were fantastic!

Anonymous said...

I remember. Someone else was sitting right by you, right? I wanna say Kris.

Liz and I saw Regina Spektor at the Greek shortly before we moved to NYC. I hadn't been there since I was a teenager; I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed it there.

Anonymous said...

Long December is a rally good song. I have been riding almost every day in December for as many years as I can remember. It's one of the grooviest months.

Anonymous said...

really good song.

mindful mule said...

Thanks, Midnight. Enjoy your winter riding… while singing Long December…