photo block

Friday, December 7, 2018

mindfulness bell


On another one of those too early Monday morning routes I found myself sleepily pedaling along in a bit of a haze. Not really paying attention to all that much that was going on around me. Probably not the best state of mind to be riding with. It was just another one of those days as far as I was concerned. I came around a curve and out of the corner of my eye I caught a glimpse (could it be... a fleeting glimpse!), a fluttering - a downward spiraling fluttering... and then, still more or less unaware... pling... the softest little faerie ding I've ever heard. Comparable only to that bitchin', dark, slow, quiet backroom jazz trio wire brush percussion accompaniment... The stem of the falling oak leaf had brushed against my bicycle's bell, Mindful Mule's bell... Mindful Mule's Mindfulness Bell! And suddenly, oh my! It was autumn! I looked up at the sky, the beautiful blue crisp sky, and the light and the colors and the clarity and the sharpness of the details - everywhere! It was going to be a beautiful day! It was a beautiful day. And I was there, awake, aware, mindful...

2 comments:

capejohn said...

Fall is a bit later where your leaves flutter. My morning commute temperature seldom reach 30F. The leaves have all fallen and are long ago raked and disposed.

mindful mule said...

Thanks, capejohn. I guess that's part of the fun in reading blogs from other parts of this world. If it makes you feel any better I'm pretty sure I was wearing a sweater...