photo block

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

currently reading

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
by B. Traven
I’ve stuttered on this one for some time. Lately I haven’t been much into fiction, which this is, but Edward Abbey won’t shut up about this book so I figured I might as well give it a try. And I have a feeling that there’s probably some nonfictional elements to it that Ed must have latched onto – likely something geographic or landscapey.

God’s Middle Finger:
Into the Lawless Heart of the Sierra Madre
by Richard Grant
This one came up on the library search list when I entered Sierra Madre looking for the book above. And well, it looks fun and also landscapey.

Animal, Vegetable, Miracle:
A Year of Food Life
by Barbara Kingsolver
Recommended by the wife of one of my Arroyo runner friends. I have runner friends? Well, sometimes. It gets lonely out there and it’s nice to meet up with other people once in a while. I don’t think he’s related to the company that makes the running apparel called Hines, although I’ve never asked him.

No comments: