photo block

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Princess Pippa

It’s not often that I draw inspiration from a princess but that performance by Pippa in the Highland Cross that’s sweeping the news right now was pretty impressive. I’d never heard of The Highland Cross before but it looks like an awesome event. It crosses all of Scotland – 20 miles of trail running and 30 miles of road biking. Pippa finished in just over five hours which seems quite fast. It appears that they do the run first and then the bike, opposite from triathlon order. I’m not sure if that seems easier or harder. I guess it’s nice to get the hard part over with first but I can't imagine climbing on a bike after running 20 miles. Although, with closed roads for biking I imagine the final 30 goes pretty fast. There's not a lot of info on the race website about the course so I'm not sure about elevation profiles but I suppose I need to accept this challenge and put together my own version - The Arroyo Cross. I hope I don't lose to a princess.

No comments: