photo block

Friday, July 8, 2011

twice a year helmet adjustment

It’s amazing that it takes me this long into the year to finally abandon my wool cap from the regular reserve gear on the bike. It’s been off the bike for only a few weeks now. In my defense, sometimes, even when it’s 90 degrees in the day, it gets a little chilly at night and it’s nice, if unnecessary, to have a little coziness.

But in order to wear the cozy cap you’ve got to adjust the helmet to a slightly larger size. Last night I was bombing down the hill late in the evening wearing a t-shirt and shorts and sandals: therefore it is summer. My helmet was lifting off with the wind of the descent so I stopped to tighten up the headband at the next stoplight. Underway again, it felt good to have a well-fitted helmet.

No comments: