photo block

Friday, November 30, 2012

slow motion dream running

I had one of those slow motion dreams last night. Where you're trying to get somewhere in a hurry but as hard as you try you can only run in ultra-slo-mo. Those used to be so frustrating. But now I've discovered that ultra-slo-mo dreams are a great opportunity to practice form running! I did about a mile of perfect foot placement along some unknown sidewalk - felt a little like Orange Grove Blvd. if it were in Idyllwild. In addition to foot placement I was really focused on forward acceleration/explosiveness with each individual leg/foot/hip group. Another dream breakthrough was that I actually, eventually made it to where I was going. Hopefully some of all this will seep into reality soon… 

2 comments:

amidnightrider said...

I used to be able to fly doing that slow motion running. All I had to do was reach up and it was like climbing an invisible hill.

Kristina said...

My running dreams are usually tinged with panic (I forget something important). I'm going to think about slo-mo running before I fall asleep to see if I start dreaming of running.
Our dogs, by the way, definitely have running dreams. Our theory is that they are chasing squirrels. I hope that they catch them in their dreams, because they sure aren't doing that in their waking state!