photo block

Saturday, August 1, 2015

a touch of PF

For the last few days I've had a sensation in my right heel. It's like there's a sewing needle imbedded in the far back and to the right. Is this Plantar Fasciitis? I looked it up and apparently it's very common with runners. Luckily for me it doesn't bother me when I'm running. But I fear that it could someday progress into a terribly depressing hobblement. So I suppose I'll take the course of action  I've always taken with my many injuries and ailments: a) ignore the pain. b) increase my activity level. c) plead  ignorance. d) drink more alcohol. e) run like the wind. f) get some kind of new accessory - I'm thinking maybe a seventies style headband… g) blog it!

8 comments:

John Romeo Alpha said...

Spurious nerve signals from parts growing old. Long as they still work, ignore, and run through it.

mindful mule said...

Thanks, JRA - I guess I am getting old!

Anonymous said...

I was worried this was going to be about PF Chang's. I'd rather have plantar fasciitis.

mindful mule said...

Good one, J!

Anonymous said...

I have had that ailment. Freeze a water bottle and roll you heel over it. Or just use a golf ball. Plantar fasciitis can get painful and can take months to heal.

mindful mule said...

Thanks for the advice, Midnight! Ride On!

Kristina said...

Agree with Midnight Rider about the rolling. Also, I found that the source of my PF was not my heel but my calf, so lots of calf stretches and taking care of those really helped. Plus, Dr. Choy!

mindful mule said...

Thanks, Kristina.