photo block

Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Why Is a Raven Like a Writing Desk?

Well anyone who’s been late for a very important date knows about this riddle… But here’s another perspective that also leads us in various directions… 

I was just sitting down at my writing desk (the one with the computer…) with another half cup of tea, when, gazing through the window (the looking glass, nearly), I chanced to see Raven alight on Deodar Cedar across the way… An inspiring moment!


That moment reminded me that I often rehearse thoughts about writing while out on long rides on my bicycle named, would you believe… Raven! 


So, why is a Raven like a writing desk? Well, both Raven (the bike) and the writing desk provide a space and/or opportunity that, while may not be totally free from distraction and/or interruption, at least, helps to guide or focus our thinking toward a certain end… (the end of blogging, as it is still dead...)


Perhaps they allow us to wonder… about a bird… a bike… the land… 

2 comments:

amidnightrider said...

On my bike rides and walks, I often stop to listen to the birds and other critters. I recently found and app that identifies bird by their calls. It's crazy how many little birds stick around in New England in the winter.

I do love melting into nature when I'm outside. We are never alone.

mindful mule said...

Thanks, Midnight! Bikes and nature are a perfect match!