photo block

Friday, September 7, 2012

out of the darkness, into the light


For a long time now I've preferred cheap headlights. In part because they get stolen anyway and I really don't like to disassemble my bike each time I park. But I've had a few experiences lately where car drivers didn't see me. I always assume that they don't see me so it was no big deal. And in fact they probably only didn't see my light because the batteries were low. My rechargeable batteries were stolen along with the light they were in a few months ago so I would have had to get some new batteries. But then I got to thinking. Why not get a new light with a rechargeable battery already installed - one that you can recharge on a USB port - one that's really hecka bright - 300 lumens - and just slide it off its clamp each time you park and don't take it out during the day. So I did. It's a Cygolite. Made in California! I got it at Rivendell. Along with a couple new water bottles and stainless cages 'cause I don't want no more rattles. Just try and not see me now…


2 comments:

John Romeo Alpha said...

I have that Cygolite, or one very similar, and it's an awesome all-around light. Cars take notice.

mindful mule said...

Thanks, John. Yeah, it's been amazing to see the difference in night traffic flow around me with this new bright star on my bar. I suppose we should always stay vigilant, though.